Site is Under Maintenance
Please come back again in...
00 Days
00 Hours
00 Minutes
00 Seconds
Join our community support us Join Now!

Well, that went as well as I thought, Rentaro

The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, REALLY Love You S3 Ep 2 Review

Gather round, folks, gather round! It is time for more 100 Girlfriends! And to say that this next girlfriend is controversial is probably underselling it. I still question how whatever Japan uses for standards and practices let this pass. And I will not lie, I do think the concept of Chiyo is cringe. But I’m just along for the ride, and I know better than to question Rentaro. It was still funny to see Chiyo meeting everyone, though.

Oh, boy.

So, Chiyo’s introduction to the Rentaro Family goes about as well as you’d expect: Karane’s straight man compels her to question how this was allowed, and Hahari says “thanks for the meal.” Good lord, thank god this is a comedy, or Hahari would be on some list of predators. But things go south when Chiyo’s OCD kicks in and she starts “tidying up” everything “wrong” with the Family. I’m just going to show it instead of describing it.

I think I almost lost it when Chiyo said Hahari and Iku’s existence was a problem.

Fortunately for everyone, Chiyo is quick to realize the chaos she has wrought and starts feeling bad about it. I’m gonna be honest: it was funny, but she was also trying to force her ideals on people that didn’t need nor want them. And when she starts crying, everyone is quick to comfort her, showing just how welcoming they all are. It’s honestly heartwarming to see how close they’ve become as a makeshift family. And yes, they are a bunch of weirdos.

Now, the second half of the episode is actually what surprised me, as it completely skips over what happens in the manga. In the manga, Chiyo’s introduction is followed (after an ad for keychains) by a chapter where, upon learning how kiss-happy the Rentaro family is, she bans them from kissing during school hours. And their plan to get her to loosen up almost turns her into a kissing zombie.

I will be blunt: I didn’t like that chapter. I thought it was repetitive considering how Chiyo had just learned to accept the Family’s oddities. I didnt like how they had the youngest member do that to them. It was just a forgettable chapter. Though, that makes the second half of the episode even stranger since it changes gears to Mimimi and Meme.

This Was Way Better

So, there’s this noisy photographer from the school paper who’s obsessed with getting a photo of Meme, and she mastered this Demon Slayer breathing technique to do it. Rentaro, naturally, is prepared to burn the newspaper club to the ground, saying this constitutes terrorism. And Hahari can’t stop her because she’s being blackmailed with proof of how much of a freak she is.

The entire second half is more or less the Family trying to help Meme protect her privacy, with predictable results. They have her dressed in a bunny girl outfit to train her evasiveness up, but really, it’s just so Hahari can enjoy the view. But in the end, they come up with an even stronger version of Meme’s substitution jutsu: they swap out Meme for Mimimi! And Mimimi is just so good at posing!

I like this. I like this very much. And if I’m correct with my math, then the next episode is going to introduce one of my personal favorites in the entire series! I can’t wait for more laughs next week!

I Give “Chiyo’s Family Coaching” a 3/5



from D&A Anime Blog https://ift.tt/O57V1td
https://ift.tt/BYdpPOh

Thanks for reading: Well, that went as well as I thought, Rentaro, Sorry, my English is bad:)

Getting Info...

About the Author

"Welcome to ADRONAURA, where elegance meets sophistication. I'm Anish Sahu, the founder, and I invite you to explore our exquisite collection of jewellery. From timeless classics to modern designs, discover your perfect statement piece with…

Post a Comment

Cookie Consent
We serve cookies on this site to analyze traffic, remember your preferences, and optimize your experience.
Oops!
It seems there is something wrong with your internet connection. Please connect to the internet and start browsing again.
AdBlock Detected!
We have detected that you are using adblocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we earn by the advertisements is used to manage this website, we request you to whitelist our website in your adblocking plugin.
Site is Blocked
Sorry! This site is not available in your country.